Skip to main content
Go to End
- 17 Mar 2020: Revised.
- 20 Dec 2014: Moved from wiki.
Varieties of construction project developments
- private sector
- public sector
- building works
- civil engineering works
- Site acquisition
- Leasing land
- Purchasing buildings
- Renting buildings
- New or existing
- New development
- for self-use
- for sales
- for rental.
Stages of design and construction
- The names may vary between different countries or even within Hong Kong between different stakeholders.
- Simplest classification:
- Feasibility study
- Planning approval
- Tender documentation
- Defects rectification.
- Sales and rental marketing run concurrently.
- Occupancy / use / repair and maintenance after construction.
- The period before awarding a contract for construction, generally referring to the main contract but actually can refer to any separate contract.
Post contract stage
- The period after awarding a contract for construction.
Post-completion or occupancy stage
- The period after completion of construction.
Estate management / property management / facility management
- "estate management" is an old UK term.
- "property management" is a new term.
- "facility management" appears to originate from the US, but is now more commonly used every where.
- Such management starts to take over after completion of construction.
End of Page