13 Jun 2021: "Use of emails" expanded.
7 Apr 2019: "Issuing Tender Documents just before holidays" added.
Issuing Tender Documents just before holidays
Added 7 April 2019
- If issuing Tender Documents on Friday, remind the tenderers that our office is closed on Saturday and not available for collection of documents.
- If issuing Tender Documents just before the Chinese New Year Holidays, ensure that the tendering period can accommodate the different lengths of holidays of the tenderers and their suppliers and factories. Factories usually close for longer time than the public holidays.
- Binding machine
- Fax machine
- Broadband connection
- Internet service
- Client software
- office automation
- pdf and compression
- CAD and BIM
- server software
- File server
- Email server
- Web server
- office automation
- Unless authorized, do not watch, memorize or use passwords used by the Company to assess internal or external websites
- Do not disclose passwords used by the Company to outside persons
Fax machine setting
- Set time clock
- Set sender’s identity
- Do not install those provided by Windows
- Install those provided by the printer companies
- Copy the file saved in the “Installation Sources” folder in the server to the local computer, install, set to use A4, black and white, single sided and recycled paper, and delete the file after successful installation
Protocol when answering phone calls
- Answer first with company name or own name
- Proactively answer calls unattended, write down name of caller, company name, contact number, and relevant project or matter, and pass the note to the relevant person
Use of emails
Follow the template for folder structure under the email Data folder to create new folder structure for new jobs.
參照Data電郵夾下的電郵夾結構模板” template for folder structure” 的概念把所有工程的電郵夾分類及統一名稱
- Delete spam emails on sight, to reduce everybody’s abortive time to read (permanent clearance from the Deleted Items folder will be done by the Administrator).
- Ignore all emails received from time to time calling for security verification regarding iTune, Apple ID, Microsoft, PayPal, HSBC, etc. since they are mostly malicious emails.
千祈不要理會不時收到的關於iTune、 Apple ID、Microsoft、PayPal、HSBC 等等要人重新輸入認證的電郵，黑郵居多
- Do not open or save attachments received from unknown persons, and do not click open links.
Correspondence not by emails
- All outgoing and incoming documents not sent by email should be emailed back to our office for the record.
Documents sent through links
- Download ALL documents received through links and and email them back to our office for the record.
- Email ALL documents sent out through links back to our office for the record.
- Split them into several emails if the file size is too large.
- Print all emails once every half-an-hour as far as possible.
- Print before lunch break all emails received before 12 am.
- Print before close of a day's work all emails received before 5 pm.
- Print upon starting a day's work all emails received before that.
Persons responsible for printing
- In principle, all are responsible for printing the emails of their own projects.
- Assign more junior or newly joined staff members to print emails for a team of staff members.
- Assign a person as the final guard to remind all others to print their emails by the 12 am and 5 pm deadlines, and print all remaining emails not falling within the scope of the any particular team.
- The above principle still applies if a clerk is employed to do the printing.
Emails not to be printed
- Delete spam emails.
- Delete promotional emails not relevant to our business.
- Do not delete nor print promotional emails relevant to our business. File them under their relevant folders, if available, otherwise under "Sales Promotion".
- Permanent deletion from the Trash folders should only be made by the director.
Emailed copies of faxes
- Treat emailed copies of faxes similarly.
- Convert emailed copies of faxes to proper emails by forwarding the email with attached fax back to the office but stating a proper subject title and inserting an image of the first page in the email beforehand.
Handling of printed emails
- When there are more than one attachment, identify whether they belong to one submission or several submissions each bearing its own serial number or date (e.g. letters, site memos, proposed variations, instructions, variation quotations, payments, minutes, regular reports, etc.)
- Separate between different submissions by staples or clips.
- Arrange different submissions according to the dates stated on them (not the dates received).
- Within the same submission, arrange the attachments in logical sequence, usually covering letter or site memo at the front and drawings at the back. Descriptive documents are usually in the middle. Summaries may be put before or after the details depending on the authors. Follow the specific contents page or the list of items stated in the email. Do not follow the order of the attachments to the email because they have no logical sequence.
- Stamp the date received on the top right hand corner of each separate submission received (but no need for different parts of the same submission which are not supposed to be taken out for use separately).
- Stamp the date received on the top right hand corners on programmes and on the bottom right hand corners on drawings because they may be filed or taken out for use separately.
- Stamp neatly and clearly at a blank space.
- Do not stamp on submissions emailed by our office unless they are returned with emails received.
- Write on the emails simple reference numbers and dates of those separate submissions which are filed not immediately after the relevant emails to enable future tracing.
- Initial neatly on the bottom left corners of the emails after arranging the emails and attachments.
- File the emails directly in the appropriate email sub-folders of the relevant projects.
- If the emails are printed by somebody other than the relevant team members, file the emails under the "00Printed" email folder for subsequent filing by the relevant team members.
- Distribute the printed emails once every half-an-hour to the relevant project team members for reading.
- Circulate within the relevant team starting from the director to the assistant. If any person is absent, pass on to the next one present.
- Read and initial on the top right hand corners of the emails and the first pages of separate submissions.
- Take immediate actions as required by the emails.
- File the emails in the relevant hard copy folder after all team members have read and initialled and when no further immediate action is required.
- File different submissions according to their dates even though those dates may be sometime in the past so that they can tell the complete story when the files are read sequentially sometime later. The date received stamp can help to trace that emails sending them though the submission and the email may be filed separately.
Use of WhatsApp
- Reply immediately upon receipt of messages in the Company chat group and relating to self or all people
- Report after completion of the task
- Use the License Transfer Utility provided by Revit to transfer Standalone License from one computer to another computer without infringing the license
使用Revit提供的許可證轉移工貝(License Transfer Utility)把單機許可證從一部電腦, 轉移到另一部機而不違反許可證
- Use Revit 2015 because some outside companies still use Revit 2013 or 2014 and models of new version cannot be converted back to older versions
使用Revit 2015版，此乃因為外面有些公司仍只用Revit 2013或2014版，但新版本的模型不能改回舊
- Use Revit 2015 for trial
- Use standard documents and templates
- Implement file management
- State file names, reference numbers, project names, contract names, subjects
- State date of receipt or dispatch, and affix acknowledgement chop
- Carry out internal check
- Double-check after printing
- Double-check after calculating
- Double-check after transferring figures
- Check quantities and rates
- Set Winrar to use zip format to enable users who do not have Winrar to open (Windows file explorer can open zipped files)
把Winrar 檔的格式設定為zip方便沒有Winrar的人打開(Windows file explorer可打開zipped 檔
Generate pdf file from Word file
Word 檔轉換成 pdf檔
- Print CutePDF (如有)
- Print - Save as Adobe PDF (如有)
- Print - Adobe PDF (如有)
- Save as
- State the destination on all taxi fare receipts for the record
Use of toilets
- Use the toilet roll plastic wrapper after unwrapping as the base cushion to the toilet roll to avoid wetness and reduce dirt
- Place a new roll as reserve when the toilet roll is about to be used up