- 5 Apr 2022: Contract documentation moved to Post Contract.
- 22 Mar 2022: Amending Form of Contract revised.
- 20 Mar 2020: Punctuation standardised.
- 7 Apr 2019: "Originals of Tender Correspondence" added.
2. Awarding the Contract 定標
- Letter of Acceptance / Letter of Award.
- Letter of Intent (to nominate) followed by Letter of Acceptance by the Main Contractor.
- Is letter of intent binding? If binding, how?
3. Contents of the Letter 函件內容
- Issuing on behalf of the Client.
- Brief description of the Works.
- The Contract Sum.
- Build-up of the Contract Sum from the original Tender Sum, if different.
- Discounts (lump sum, percentage, how to apply, how are prime cost rate items treated).
- The Contract Periods.
- Pricing clarifications.
- Technical clarifications.
- Defining Contract Documents and order of precedence (Tender Documents, tender, tender correspondence).
- Any programme, method statement, site layout plan, and organization chart for reference only and to be formally proposed after contract award but subsequent deviations to be properly justified (information contained in these reference documents but intended to form part of the contract should be specifically stated).
- Counter-signing and returning the letter.
- Binding contract upon counter-signing.
- Immediate formal submissions:
- Surety Bond
- Employees’ Compensation Insurance Policy
- Contractors’ All Risks and Third Party Liability Insurance Policy
- Method statement of the Works
- Programme of the Works
- Site layout plan
- Organization chart with the names and qualification of key management and site personnel for the Works.