- 18/2/2023: Revised.
- 28/2/2022: Revised.
- 28/3/2021: Contracting hierarchy added.
- 20/12/2014: Moved from wiki.
Usual contracting hierarchy
(Excluding those not directly related to construction.)
(The one at higher level is the buyer and the other at the immediate lower level is the seller.)
- Developer / Employer / Client (contract terms in Hong Kong or the UK) / Owner (contract term in US):
- Consultants and site supervisory staff
- Contractor / Main Contractor / General Contractor / Head Contractor / Management Contractor:
- Direct labour
- Suppliers (Nominated / Domestic)
- Sub-Contractors (Nominated / Domestic):
- Direct labour or suppliers
- Sub-sub-contractors (many tiers):
- Direct labour and suppliers.
- Other Separate Contractors and Suppliers
- Statutory undertakers / public utility companies / government departments.
Developer / Owner / Employer
建設單位 / 業主 / 發包方
- Project Manager.
- Structural Engineer
- Building Services Engineer / M&E Engineer
屋宇設備工程師 / 機電工程師
- Interior Designer
- Geotechnical Engineer
- Landscaping Architect
- Quantity Surveyor.
- Clerk of Works / Building Services Inspector.
現場監工 / 機電監工
供應商 / 供貨方